Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ring, Ring. "Hello?" "Yeah, hi, this is God. You're a moron."

Wow. It's November. I don't know how that happened.

So I lost my phone this past week. I looked EVERYWHERE. Tore my apartment UP. It was not in my apartment. Searched and searched through my car. Emailed friends and begged them to look. And all the while, I'm trying really hard not to flip out. I'm just praying that God will somehow resolve this, even though I'm quickly getting to the point where I don't see how that's possible.

The last time I remembered having it was Sunday night. So I look for it Monday. Tuesday I really start to worry, because I realize that I don't have insurance on it and that gets expensive, kiddos. Looking. Looking. Looking some more. Frustration level's getting a little higher. Still actively NOT freaking out. Wednesday morning, I got out to my car to go to work (*I have a job, woo-hoo!*) and I climb in, thinking about that stupid cell, and, even though I know it's not in the car, I think to myself: "God, please just let it be in the car." I have no more than completed that thought -- the little cartoon bubble with the sentence, "God, please just let it be in the car" is still hanging in the air -- and I hear my phone start ringing. Somewhere in the car. Of course, then I still couldn't find it for another day, but that's more about me needing to clean out my car than it is about the fact that God has such an awesome sense of humor.

No comments: