Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Christmas Church Story

OK, real quick. As referenced below, I missed church while I was home due to a self-fulfilling illness and this, for obvious reasons, sucked.

But what made it worse? They had a man dressed up as Noah who gave all the kids an impromptu little Bible lesson. Yes, you read that right. Noah. What the heck does Noah have to do with Christmas? Yeah. Nothing. Which, how much fun would I have had making snide comments about Noah and his outfit with my cousins and sister during the service? So much fun.

So I bring up this possibile Biblical character disconnect with my six-year-old cousin Madison. Here's what was said:

Me: So, I hear they had Noah at church for the kids this morning.
Maddie: (somewhat irritated tone) What?
Me: Noah? They had Noah there this morning, huh? That's kind of random, right?
Maddie: Ohhh, well, they had a man dressed up as Noah.

Yeah. She totally thought that I just didn't get that it was a fake Noah. Six-year-olds freaking rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but really, how do you dress up like Noah. I mean, didn't everyone wear the same stuff back then?
Noah, Moses, Rebecca. In all the pictures I've seen every bible person looks the same.
Was he wearing a raincoat or something that dinstinguished himself as Noah? Did he roll up the bottom of the jeans so as to not get them wet?
--josh

This Girl said...

Is that budding sarcastic wit I read in young Maddie?

Noah totally has everything to do with Christmas. He goes out and collects all the animals and gives all the cuddly ones as toys, and if you've been bad, you get a camel. I think I read that somewhere.